DMD, MBA, MAGD, LE
Dr. Kevin Coughlin grew up in Feeding Hills, Massachusetts. He received his dental degree from Tufts University School of Medicine and his bachelor’s degree from Springfield College. Dr. Coughlin also holds an MBA from Western New England University. In addition to having taught and lectured at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Coughlin is also on the staff at Noble Hospital and is a licensed esthetician, LE.
Prior to graduation, he spent time as a resident general dentist in Togas, Maine at the oldest VA hospital in the country. In 1983, Dr. Coughlin began practicing in what was to become the first Baystate Dental office in Springfield. He is currently on the staff at Baystate Medical Center, Mercy Hospital and Mary Lane Hospital. Dr. Kevin Coughlin is one of the only dentists in the country with both a Fellowship and Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry. He is also a Fellow in the American Academy of Implantology and a certified instructor in the International Association of Orthodontics.
Dr. Coughlin is a prolific and accomplished author, having written several books:
- The new Dentist Journey
- A Treatment Plan For Your Business
- Success Tips to Unleash the Full Potential of Your Dental Practice,
- Selling Your Dental Practice: Preparation, Processes and Procedures to Maximize the Value of Your Business to Buyers
- Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career
- Your Tooth Is Killing Me
- A Guide to NON-Surgical Aesthetics: The Steps Necessary to Make You Beautiful on the Outside
He has also participated in or produced over 100 podcasts and webinars on the subject of dentistry.
Dr. Kevin Coughlin provides care in all facets of dentistry including:
- Oral surgery
- Pediatric dentistry
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) Dental Care
Dr. Coughlin is a member of the:
- American Dental Society
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Association of Orthodontics
- Valley District Dental Society
- Academy of Sports Dentistry
Dr. Kevin Coughlin is a life-long sports enthusiast and enjoys sailing and being on the golf course when time permits.
Publications and Podcasts
- Just Enough to Be Great in Your Dental Profession, Author
- A Treatment Plan for Your Business: Success Tips to Unleash the Full Potential of Your Dental Practice, Author
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Published Articles
- The Profitable Dentist, Article on p. 20
- Podcast, How to Create a Thriving Practice